Support for Schools in the UK
How might you use R time in your school?
Below are several ideas that you could use if you wanted to try the programme:
- Buy the R time main manual. The opening chapters contain all the necessary information to implement R time in your school.
- Buy the manual, plus an R time training DVD (with accompanying booklet)
- Attend an R time Training Course and find out more about the programme that way.
- Visit a school in your area and see R time in action.
- Invite a trainer/ consultant to visit your school to discuss a plan of action.
- Order copies of the Making the Most of R time booklet. This is a step-by-step guide to implementing R time in your school.
Trainer / Consultant involvement
R time has two consultants – Greg Sampson and Pete Harvey. Greg and Pete both have wide ranging practical experience on all aspects of the R time programme and are available to run ‘Train the Trainer’ courses and major Conferences they also work in schools in areas where we have no Independent Trainers. Pete and Greg are based in the Midlands but will go anywhere in the UK as required.
We also have an expanding team of independent accredited trainers who work within geographic areas as shown on the map. Pass the curser over the different regions to reveal their contact details.
R time is always looking to expand the number of accredited trainers – especially in areas where there is currently not one. A teaching background is important though not essential.
If you want more information please send an email to email@example.com. All enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Consultants and Independent Trainers can support schools in the following ways:
- A trainer or consultant may visit the school for an initial discussion with designated member of staff.
- A trainer or consultant could deliver a teacher day/half day (you could consider sharing the cost with other schools in your area)
- You could invite a trainer or consultant to conduct a twilight staff meeting (one hour)
- You could ask the trainer or consultant to demonstrate the programme in your school, followed by a staff meeting.
- Lesson observations can be carried out by the trainer or consultant once the programme has been operating for a period of time (usually six to eight weeks).
- Other models may be discussed with any of the trainers or consultants listed below:
Hover over a region to display the contact information